WHAT IS BETTER THAN A BLONDIE? A SNICKERDOODLE SWIRL BLONDIE!
TO MAKE YOUR OWN, FEEL FREE TO ADD IN SOME WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR SOME TOASTED PECANS. YUM!
SNICKERDOODLE SWIRL BLONDIE BARS
1 cup unsalted butter, brought to room temperature
2 large eggs, plus one yolk, brought to room temperature
2 tsps vanilla paste (can use extract)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
(this makes extra topping, use as much or as little as you would like)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix butter and brown sugar together until creamed, around 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir In dry mixture, until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle topping on bars and swirl gently with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake.